Profiles of the inaugural class members of Rubber & Plastics News' Women in Tire & Rubber will appear daily through Aug. 21. Edited profiles of the entire class were published in the July 27 issue of RPN.
Nadhatai (Pim) Warasitthinon
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.
Location: Findlay, Ohio
- Ph.D. in Plastics Engineering, 2013, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, Mass.;
- Master of Science in Finance, 2008, Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, N.H.;
- Master's of Business Administration, 2005, Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, N.H.;
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, 1997, Suranaree University of Technology, Nakornratchasima, Thailand;
Global Technical Center (Mar. 2018 – Present):
- Contribute as materials specialist in competitor benchmarking project for passenger car tires and all-terrain light truck tires;
- Product development for run-flat tires: Improving compounds for bead filler and sidewall insert;
Findlay Tire Plant (Mar. 2017 – Mar. 2018):
- Developed and implemented new quality control tests for compounded rubber using Rubber Process Analyzer (RPA);
- Provided technical support for mixing and extrusion, including qualification of new raw materials and compounds, commissioning of new extrusion line, and troubleshooting processing issues (undispersed filler, porosity in silica-filled stocks, etc.)
Americas Technical Center (Sept. 2013 – Mar. 2017):
- Designed and developed advanced tread compounds for high performance passenger tires, all-terrain light truck tires and winter passenger tires;
- Developed and optimized materials concepts for current and novel additive technologies to improve the performance of tire compounds;
- Received Green Belt Six Sigma training and certification.
Associations you belong to or actively participate in:
I am a member of the ACS Rubber Division, and I participate in the Best Paper Committee. I serve as a peer reviewer for the journal Rubber Chemistry and Technology. I volunteer with the United Way.