Profiles of the inaugural class members of Rubber & Plastics News' Women in Tire & Rubber will appear daily through Aug. 21. Edited profiles of the entire class were published in the July 27 issue of RPN.
Executive Director, Global Research, Development and Engineering
Firestone Building Products
Location: Nashville, Tenn.
- University of Akron, Graduation August 2006, Ph.D—College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering: Specialization: Polymer Rheology.
- University of Minnesota ,Graduation May 2002, B.S., Chemical Engineering/B.S., Chemistry/minor French
- Led the Global Product Development and Engineering Strategy through a stage gate process for continuous product improvement with 25-30 new product launches per year to support $2 billion in global sales revenue for Firestone. Improved vitality index from 3 percent in 2016 to 9 percent in 2018. Budgetary responsibility for $20 million in four locations globally with about 85 people.
- Led the quality organization (2017-19) including supplier quality, customer quality and advance quality engineering.
- Led the Process Engineering and Manufacturing Equipment Engineering teams across 15 global plants.
- Led Global Innovation Process for new value creation technology to protect the future.
- Lea Codes and Regulations group to ensure products meet all third party certification requirements (i.e. ASTM, UL, FM, LEED, CRRC, Florida Building Codes).
- Led the Product Stewardship for EHSS compliance and Dangerous Goods Management. Lea product sustainability strategy with third party certifications, such as Living Building Challenge, Product Lens, EPD, and HPD.
- Planned the transition of the Research and Technology team from Indianapolis to Nashville due to corporate headquarters relocation. Currently managing a team across four global locations.
- Manage two R&D laboratories for testing capabilities ranging from analytical chemistry to large scale destructive wind up-lift, hail, fire and adhesion.
- Responsible for the integration of Gaco Western and their liquid applied silicone and wall foam technology into the Firestone R&D department in 2017.
- Interim Director of Quality, Firestone Building Products, from April 2017 to April 2019.
Associations you belong to or actively participate in:
- Invited Speaker on "Why Materials Matter for Performance" at National Women in Roofing, held in Nashville in August 2019.
- National Roofing Day Washington D.C. Lobby, April 3-4, 2019, and NRCA member since 2018.
- University of Akron: College of Polymer Science and Engineering Advancement Council 2019.
- Invited Speaker on "How to Structure your Business for Innovative Success" at the National Women In Roofing Day 2019, held in Nashville on Feb. 9, 2019.
- Invited by the Ontario Rubber Group to speak on "New Technology and Innovation for the Rubber Industry's Sustainability" at the CIC/ORG Technical Meeting in Toronto in May 2016 .
- Invited Panelist at the Summit of Sustainability for Summit County (SOSA), hosted in November 2015 in Akron.
- Invited Speaker on "Driving Sustainability" at the Tire & Rubber Summit in Toronto, hosted June 2015 by the Tire and Rubber Association of Canada
- Invited Speaker on "Driving Innovation to Drive Markets" at the Rubber Recycling Symposium in Montreal, Quebec, hosted in October 2014, by Tire and Rubber Association of Canada
- National Women in Roofing Member since 2019
- Women's Unlimited Professional Training LEAD Graduate and Mentor (2013-19)