LONDON—European Rubber Journal will honor the best tire technology innovations with its inaugural Journey to Automation awards, which will be presented June 11 during ERJ's Future Tire Conference, held in conjunction with The Tire Cologne international trade fair. The J2A award winners will be determined by a panel of judges.
Judges for the awards include:
- Pieter van der Klooster, director of international business development for the International Society of Automation;
- Nikesh Mistry, sector head of industrial automation for GAMBICA;
- Charlotte Stonestreet, editor of Controls, Drives & Automation; and
- Harald Weber, project manager for technology and innovation for VDMA Plastics and Rubber Machinery.
Malory Davies, a journalist and expert in the field of logistics, will lead the judging of projects relating to the digitalization of the tire industry supply-chain.
J2A Award nominations may be submitted individually or jointly as partners in a project for the following categories:
- Tire manufacturers, distributors, retailers;
- Automation vendors and suppliers of IT services to the tire industry;
- Suppliers of equipment and/or materials to the tire industry;
- Suppliers of systems used in handling and distribution of finished tires; and
- Service/support organizations involved in any of the above activities.
Nominations, which should be made online at tire-conferences.com, are due March 11.
The Tire Cologne international trade fair, organized by Koelnmesse, will be June 9-12 at Messe Cologne in Cologne, Germany.