MILAN—Pirelli & C. S.p.A. honored nine outstanding supplier companies at its 2019 Supplier Awards.
Andrea Casaluci, Pirelli general manager-operations, and Pierluigi de Cancellis, Pirelli chief procurement officer, presented the awards at a ceremony in Milan.
Pirelli chose the nine companies out of more than 10,000 that supply the tire maker globally, according to a Pirelli press release.
"Quality, capacity for innovation, speed and global coverage of supply were the key elements guiding the selection for the 2019 Supplier Awards," Pirelli said.
In 2019, Pirelli included a specific award for sustainability, acknowledging the primary role of sustainability in the company's strategic management model, the press release said.
The sustainability award went to natural rubber supplier Hevea-Tec Industria e Comercio Ltda. of Brazil, which Pirelli cited for "oversight of social and environmental sustainability along the entire supply chain through technological innovation and involvement in the field," the company said.
Hevea-Tec was also honored in the speed and service level categories.
The other winners were:
• Quechen Silicon Chemical of China, supplier of silica, for quality and speed;
• Kordsa of Turkey, supplier of textile reinforcements, for global presence and service level;
• Nynas A.B. of Sweden, supplier of plasticizer oils, for quality and service level;
• Nuova Siba S.p.A. of Italy, supplier of dosing systems, for quality and service level;
• Cassioli of Italy, supplier of handling systems, for global presence and innovation;
• Accenture of Ireland, Pirelli's strategic partner in its digital transportation roadmap, for global presence and innovation;
• Artic Falls A.B. of Sweden, supplier of proving grounds for the development of winter products, for innovation and service level; and
• Arval Service Lease of France, Pirelli's international partner for long-term auto rental, for service level and global presence.