STOW—Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels has launched the new Baja Boss A/T hybrid all-terrain tire, the 2020 winner of the Specialty Equipment Market Association's Best New Tire award.
The tire is aimed at pickup, Jeep and SUV drivers who want aggressive looks and excellent performance with superior on-road handling and off-road traction, the company said.
"The design and development of the new Baja Boss A/T is a direct response to feedback from consumers," a Mikey Thompson spokesman said. "We added premium features not commonly found on other tires, which puts this tire in a class of its own."
- A 50,000-mile limited treadwear warranty;
- All new silica-reinforced compound for on-road tread wear, cut and chip resistance, and improved wet handling and braking performance;
- Extreme Sidebiters which are substantially deeper than previous models, offering a bold look, added off-road traction and protection;
- PowerPly XD construction with a heavy duty third ply for protection, handling and stability;
- Asymmetrical tread pattern optimized for reduced noise and all-weather performance; and
- Severe Snow Service Rated with 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMS) certification on all sizes 12.50 (315) and narrower.
The Baja Boss A/T is available in a variety of sizes to fit 17- 18-, 20-, 22- and 24-inch wheels, with additional sizes launching November 2021.