AKRON—Looking to help its commercial dealers solidify and expand their business with fleets large and small, Goodyear has launched an interactive portal dubbed Fleet Central that's designed to allow fleets to purchase tires, activate service and gain insight into their tire program.
Among other things, Fleet Central will help fleets maximize efficiencies for their tires, one of their largest maintenance expenses, Dave Beasley, the vice president of commercial tires for Goodyear North America, told dealers listening to a Goodyear virtual dealer conference Dec. 7.
Fleet Central allows fleets to view and take action on all aspects of their tire program, helping them to make faster, more informed decisions for their business, Goodyear said, via an easy-to-use dashboard that allows users to view information at a total fleet level all the way down to a specific vehicle, tire or service event in real time.
Fleets also can interact with Goodyear directly by purchasing tires, scheduling service, requesting tire inspections or activating emergency roadside assistance from Goodyear's service network 2,300-plus providers.
Other features include:
- Emergency and scheduled tire services—Fleets can bypass a phone call by submitting requests online directly to Goodyear Fleet HQ for emergency or scheduled service. Fleet Central also allows fleets to track events with a live, interactive dashboard to stay updated throughout the service process. Fleets can view service performance by dealer, vehicle, geography and more with historical service reporting.
- Tire Deliveries—Fleets can schedule stock tire deliveries and track shipping directly.
- Retreading—Fleet Central's reporting capabilities help fleets monitor retread and casing performance with a view into all retread activities, as well as work-order tracking and real-time inventory levels across Goodyear's authorized retreading network.
- Tire performance and monitoring—Fleets leveraging Goodyear's tire management solutions can use Fleet Central's interactive dashboard to detect and act on critical issues like fast air leaks and thermal alerts in real time, as well as monitor tire performance over time.
- Approval and purchase-order management—Fleets can interact with Goodyear's Expedited Approvals program to reduce the administrative burden of managing and issuing purchase orders, as well as approving and disputing work orders before they are invoiced.
- Push Alerts—In addition to the online reporting available through this toolset, fleets can configure alerts and reports to be sent via text or email.
"Goodyear is continuously innovating new ways to make it easier for fleets to manage their tires," said Johnny McIntosh, Goodyear's director of integrated solutions and tire management.
Fleet Central offers customers a "new level of transparency" into every interaction they have with Goodyear and the firm's service network.
"Some of our larger fleet customers who have already begun using Fleet Central are finding that it gives them much-needed insight into problem areas within their fleet, allowing them to adjust and make changes," McIntosh added.
Fleet Central is available through GoodyearTruckTires.com and includes responsive design for mobile devices.