NASHVILLE, Tenn.—Bridgestone Americas Inc. is planning to raise prices on Firestone-brand truck and bus tires in the U.S. and Canada on May 1 by up to 8 percent.
Bridgestone cited "continued escalating raw material costs" for the need to raise prices.
This pricing adjustment corresponds with an increase of up to 8 percent on Bridgestone-brand truck and bus radial tires and Bandag retreads that took effect April 1 and is in addition to increases of up 5 percent on Firestone-brand truck/bus tires in the U.S. instituted last Nov. 1.
The company also is planning to raise prices in the U.S. and Canada on "select" Bridgestone- and Firestone-brand passenger and light truck tires by up to 8 percent, effective May 1.
Members of the Bridgestone commercial tire sales teams are contacting customers to provide more detailed information about the changes.
Bridgestone is among eight tire companies that have raised prices recently or announced increases. Others are:
- Apollo Tyres Ltd.—raised prices on Vredestein-brand products in the U.S. and Canada by up to 5 percent, effective March 1;
- Continental Tire the Americas L.L.C.—increased prices on select Continental- and General-brand passenger and light truck tires in the U.S., effective March 1;
- Goodyear—raising prices April 1 on all Goodyear-, Kelly- and Dunlop-branded passenger tires by up to 8 percent in North America;
- Michelin North America Inc.—raising prices on select Michelin, BFGoodrich and Uniroyal car and light truck tires in the U.S. and Canada by up to 8 percent on April 1, on top of a 5 percent increase imposed on Feb. 1;
- Pirelli Tire North America Inc.—raising car and light truck tire prices in the U.S. on April 15 by up to 7 percent; and
- Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp.—raising prices in the U.S. on most consumer and commercial tires by up to 6 percent, effective May 1. Separately, Toyo Tires Canada is planning a similar price increase May 1 on "non-winter" passenger and light truck tires; and
- Yokohama Tire Corp.—plans to raise prices May 1 on all replacement market passenger, light truck and medium truck tires sold in the U.S.