INDIAN WELLS, Calif.—Continental Tire the Americas L.L.C. used the 65th annual OTR Conference to unveil its first General Tire-brand V.ply earthmover tires.
Conti revealed the all-bias tires during a brief ceremony at their tabletop booth during the OTR Conference, which is sponsored by the Tire Industry Association. The four-day conference continues through Feb. 22 at the Indian Wells Renaissance.
Conti, which re-entered the OTR market in 2016, said the V.Ply tires are a sensible solution to customers looking for a good product at an affordable price.
"The General brand has a great reputation within the industry," said Shawn Rasey, Continental A.G.'s director of global business development for earthmover tires. "We're excited about bringing this to the market."
Conti displayed the General TE188, which is a bi-directional multipurpose earthmoving tire for use on ADTs, RDTs, loaders and scrapers.
The other five tires in the line include:
- General TE65: A low aspect ratio, wide base tire for wheel loaders and dozers operating in heavy duty dig and load operations;
- General TE191: Heavy duty wheel loader tire for dig and load operations;
- General TE6: Bi-directional L3 tire ideal for compact loader applications;
- General TE132: A wide base non-directional tire designed for Dump Trucks in harsh off-road conditions; and
- General TE11: Rugged tire design primarily used for grading services up to 6 miles per hour. Conti said the V.ply technology features multiple cords arranged in a recognizable V-shape, combining "robustness and tire stability with rim seat, force transmission and steering response in demanding vehicle operations."
The tire maker said it has up to 22 layers of high-resistance polymer fiber, aligned in a V-pattern and embedded in up to three wire beads to deliver a sturdy tire construction.
Conti said the tires will be manufactured at its plant in Malaysia.