HILTON HEAD, S.C. — Alexis Garcin, chairman and president of Michelin North America Inc. since June 2019, will give the keynote presentation at this year's Clemson University Global Tire Industry Conference, scheduled for April 18-20 in Hilton Head.
The three-day gathering, the 35th annual conference, will cover five subject categories in half-day sessions: Testing, Investigations and Liability; Future Tire Trends/Requirements; Tire Industry Outlook/Inside-Outside Perspective; Innovations in Tire Materials; and The Tire's Last Mile Delivery – Recycling & Sustainability.
Garcin is scheduled to speak at 12:30 p.m. on April 19, after the luncheon break and before the start of the afternoon session. The conference is being held at the Sonesta Resort in Hilton Head,
Each of the half-day sessions will feature a series of individual presentations that will delve into each particular topic from different perspectives.
Topics for individual presentations include:
- "The Impact of Autonomous Vehicle Requirements on Tire Development," Bruce Lambillotte, vice president of technical consulting at Smithers Group.
- "Who is Stealing Your Secrets? Trade Secrets and Cyber-Securing from a Legal Perspective," Joseph Ruscak, partner at Roetsel & Andress.
- "The Evolving Tire Market: Confusing Times for Consumers," Eugene Petersen, tire program manager at Consumer Reports.
- "Sustainability Trends Impacting the U.S. Tire Manufacturing Industry," Sarah Amick, vice president and senior counsel at the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association.
- "Bringing Retreads Up to Speed with the Consumer Market," Jeffrey Parks, managing director, Retread Tire Association.
- "Application of Recovered Carbon Black in Support of a Circular Economy," Jamie McNutt, technical fellow, product development at Bridgestone Americas Inc.
More information, including conference registration and room reservations at the Sonesta Resort, is available at clemsontireconference.com.