NASHVILLE, Tenn.—Bridgestone Americas Inc. has added an all-position radial, the Bridgestone M704, to its truck tire lineup, engineered for regional pickup and delivery service applications.
The M704 features a deep tread for long wear life and a tread pattern designed for traction, and is designed to provide fleets optimal performance in wet weather conditions, according to Bridgestone. It can be used on either the steer or drive-axle positions.
"Fleets that operate in the regional pickup-and-delivery service sector need tires that can handle the harsh conditions of city streets, especially in challenging weather conditions where traction is critical," Ben Johnson, director of marketing, truck and bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada, said in a statement. "The Bridgestone M704 tire is specially designed to tackle difficult hauling environments, delivering the performance and wear life that these fleets need to keep our country moving every day."
Key features of the Bridgestone M704 tire include:
- Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake certification for winter traction performance;
- Tread pattern edge design to promote wet traction;
- 20/32nds-inch tread depth to promote long tread wear life;
- Wide flow-through tread grooves to effectively expel water and deliver solid wet traction; and
- Block sipes in the tread pattern to slice through water and improve contact with the road.
The M704 tire is available in the U.S. and Canada in the 225/70R19.5 size with N speed rating. The tire is designed to pair with a Bandag retread to help fleets capitalize on the casings full performance potential.