Over the course of the last 30 years, the RPA has found various applications throughout all branches of the rubber industry today. These applications include a very wide breadth of use from raw rubber characterization and quality control to virtually all aspects of downstream applications, including mixing, milling, extruding and calendering.
Technical Notebook: Using the RPA in four different rubber manufacturing systems
This paper gives a broad overview in the wide variety of uses for the RPA, which includes the following:
- Virtually all aspects of conventional processability and vulcanization systems, which include extrusion, calendering, molding and curing systems such as autoclave curing; compression, transfer
- and injection molding; tire curing presses; and rotocure;
- Extrusion, blow molding and injection molding of thermoplastic elastomers;
- Processing, casting and curing of liquid polyurethane systems; and
- Rubber latex and dipping operations.
Rubber News wants to hear from its readers. If you want to express your opinion on a story or issue, email your letter to Editor Bruce Meyer at [email protected].