CERRITOS, Calif.— R.D. Abbott Co. Inc. is spearheading a pair of webinar series designed to provide technical insights and processing recommendations as well as details about products and solutions offered by it, Alpha Technologies and supplier partners.
The first webinar in the free R.D. Abbott series covers "Third-Stream Additives that Modify LSR and HCR." Hosted by Rick Ziebell, R.D. Abbott technical fellow and vice president of technology, the program is scheduled for 11 a.m.-noon PT on March 30. It will explain how R.D. Abbott and NovationSi are advancing ways to change the functional properties of cured articles in situ of the liquid injection molding process.
"R.D. Abbott's webinar series will deliver valuable information about a wide range of rubber technologies and topics," Ziebell said in a statement. "We are looking forward to launching this series and to continue providing customers with top-notch technical expertise and ongoing support."
R.D. Abbott's webinar series will continue throughout 2021 and will cover the following elastomer materials:
- NovationSi Color and Additive Dispersions and Modifiers for LSR and HCR
- Arlanxeo butyls and EPDMs
- Dow Performance Silicones
- Parker Lord Chemlok adhesives
- Hallstar magnesium oxides
- Cancarb Thermax thermal carbon black
- RDC predispersed chemicals
- TSE millable polyurethane polymers
Alpha Technologies webinar series
Alpha Technologies, a designer and manufacturer of testing equipment for rubber and elastomeric materials, will host a series of 12 webinars over the course of three days. There is a $100 fee for the Alpha Technologies series.
Each webinar in the series, which begins April 13, will be led by an industry expert and will provide attendees with insights about the rheology behind Alpha Technologies' instruments and learn how to troubleshoot material and process issues.
Topics for the webinar series include:
- Molecular characterization of raw elastomers
- Characterizing mixed compounds
- Cure, modeling mold profiles, and blowing reactions
- Measuring final product properties
- Basic rubber testing
- Rheological applications (processability)
- Rubber characterization for computer-aided design
- Advanced rheological topics (time, temperature, super position)
- Enterprise software overview
- Creating custom data reports
- Controlling process manufacturing with a SQL server
- Compounders package (enterprise software add-on)
Additionally, Ziebell will present "Rubber Characterization for Computer-Aided Design (CAD)" from 1-3 p.m. ET on April 14.
"R.D. Abbott looks forward to participating in Alpha Technologies' webinar series," Ziebell said in a statement. "Participants will hear directly from experts and gain insights into the rheology behind industry-leading testing instruments and software."
During the webinar he leads, Ziebell will explain how CAD software, for rubber injection molding, offers accurate modeling of flow and curing for chemorheological analysis. He will also explain how to use Alpha Technologies' instruments for this analysis, how to enter this data into different types of CAD software and how common types of CAD software can support mold design, fabrication, cost estimation.