If you're reading this column in our print edition I'm going to ask you to do me a favor. Once you're done reading this I want you to go to the Rubber & Plastics News website at rubbernews.com. (If you're reading this online, then you're already in the right place, but I'll want you to follow the directions just the same.)
Why, you may ask? That's because we've just revamped the website and I think you'll find a more reader-friendly experience to bring you the news of the rubber industry.
The site is brighter, with sharper, easier-to-read headline fonts. The new website includes a more concise drop-down menu at the top of the site, making it easier for readers to navigate the different sections. I think you'll find there are better presentations of photo galleries—we've just posted several of these from plant openings and the ACS Rubber Division's spring technical meeting. It's also easier to find information about upcoming RPN events and conferences.
Other features include:
• A place to sign up for our many free email newsletters;
• A click-through section to manage your subscription;
• Links to the digital edition of our latest print issue;
• A place to subscribe to RPN's print and digital products;
• Ways to connect to our social media sites for Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter;
• Information on how to advertise in the publication, in print and online;
• Links to sister Crain Communications publications; and
• A section to contact staff members.
Along with the updated website, our email newsletters—including our Daily Newsmail, Rubber in Automotive, Silicone News and Latex News—were given a similar makeover, making them easier to read with a more modern look.
I will tell you one thing that won't change, though. The RPN site will continue to bring you a mix of the top news and feature stories—both from our staff and sister publications—to keep you up to date with our industry.
Now go take a look and let us know what you think.