CHICAGO—In light of the coronavirus pandemic, retaining, motivating and supporting workers is more important than ever.
The Power Transmission Distributors Association Foundation, the charitable arm of the PTDA that represents power transmission and motion control distributors across the country, has launched its PT Work Force initiative that can help.
"Employers need tools and resources to help them navigate the new world of work," said the PTDA Foundation. "In fact, it's more important than ever to have the right people on the team to take advantage of future growth opportunities."
The resources can be accessed through PTWORKForce.org.
The initiative focuses on human resource challenges that employers might face in the midst of the pandemic, including:
- The development of job descriptions and postings within the power transmission and motion control industry, specifically in finance and accounting, human resources, IT, marketing, operations, purchasing and sales;
- Work force recruitment and retention, through an online, monthly newsletter;
- Best practices in stimulating morale and increasing motivation, through a PT Work Force-hosted webinar;
- Development of compensation incentives; and
- Building relationships with school and other organizations within the community.
Founded in 1982, the non-profit PTDA Foundation is funded solely by donations to champion education, outreach and research initiatives relevant to the industry.