SANTA ANA, Calif.—Yokohama Tire Co. has expanded its commercial tire lineup with the release of two long-lasting all-position tires, the 124R and the 505C.
Both are available in the U.S. and meet the industry's performance criteria for severe snow service, carrying the 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol on the sidewall.
The all-season 124R is designed for regional pick-up and delivery fleets. It comes in nine sizes, ranging from 17.5-22.5. inches.
According to YTC, the tire's benefits include:
- Year-round traction: Deep sipes provide outstanding wet and snow braking, and four wavy circumferential grooves promote even wear and offer optimal traction in the wet and snow.
- Extended tread life: An extra-wide tread promotes better dispersal of contact pressure with the road to deliver longer tread life. Also, rigid shoulder ribs step-down wear and enhance driving stability.
- Rock shield platforms: The platforms reduce stone and debris penetration for improved casing life, durability and retreadability.
- Long warranty: The 124R carries a six-year unlimited retread casing warranty on all 17.5-inch and 19.5-inch sizes and a seven-year warranty on all 22.5-inch sizes.
"The 124R is built for lasting value," said Tom Clauer, Yokohama's senior manager of commercial product planning. "It delivers fleets a boost to their bottom line with longer original tread life and year-round performance."
The 505C is engineered for on- and off-highway trucks and replaces the MY507A. It is offered in three sizes: 385/65R/22.5, 425/65R/22.5 and 445/65R/22.5. The 505C carries a six-year, three-retread casing warranty.
The tire's benefits include:
- Long original tread life: A new tread pattern increases traction, while a special anti-chip tread compound strengthens on/off-highway durability.
- All-weather grip: Wide blocks and ribs provide outstanding traction in mud and snow. Wide circumferential grooves evacuate water from beneath the tread for powerful braking, and wavy lateral grooves are engineered to deliver additional wet traction.
- Durability: Funnel-shaped step grooves prevent stones and other debris from reaching the bottom of the groove where casing damage can occur. Additionally, high-strength belt construction enhances durability in off-highway applications.
"More traction, more uptime," Clauer said. "It's built to last. It provides fleets the longevity and durability needed to lift their profit margins."