AKRON—The ACS Rubber Division is continuing to expand its online learning and featured course opportunities, releasing a schedule for May.
Featured courses include:
Respiratory Protection, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. ET, May 6
This course is ideal for anyone working in the rubber industry whose job requires protection of their respiratory system. The program will focus on information for immediate practical implementation on the shop floor where the environment may pose hazards to your respiratory system.
Topics to be covered include:
- How to determine what style of respirator is needed;
- Elements of a written respiratory protection program;
- How to incorporate other PPE elements;
- Record keeping requirements; and
- Medical requirements.
Natural Fillers for Rubber Compounds, 9 a.m.-noon ET, May 13
This course will detail natural filler properties and explore how they compare traditional rubber fillers. The program, intended for industry professionals in R&D, engineering, management, or sales and marketing, will emphasize sustainability and focus on natural fillers' performance.
Learning Objectives are:
- Compare absolute and specific properties of natural and traditional nano- and macro-fillers;
- Compare cost and sustainability of natural and traditional fillers;
- Review natural filler sources;
- Understand processing and performance of natural filler-filled rubber compounds; and
- Examine compatibility of natural fillers with rubber.
Rubber Explained, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET, May 25
Designed for sales personnel and executives, the course focuses on the fundamentals of rubber. Topics to be discussed include:
- Key raw materials used in rubber compounding;
- What a rubber formulation looks like;
- Costing a rubber formulation;
- Types of mixing processes;
- Types of fabrication processes;
- Interpreting a test specification;
- Interpreting test results; and
- Basic testing methods.
The full schedule for May is:
- May 3, 10, 17 & 24 (four-part course)—Course: Rubber Science & Fabrication
- May 6—Course: Respiratory Protection
- May 13—Course: Natural Fillers for Rubber Compounds
- May 18-21—Endurica Workshop: Application of Rubber Fatigue Analysis with Endurica Software
- May 19—Course: Rubber Extrusion Technology
- May 21—Course: Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories
- May 25—Course: Rubber Explained
Webinars are free for all Rubber Division members, including student members. Click here to learn more about upcoming opportunities or to register.