FAIRLAWN, Ohio—The ACS Rubber Division is seeking abstracts for potential papers for its 2020 International Elastomer Conference's Technical Meeting and Student Colloquium, set for Oct. 20-22 in Knoxville, Tenn.
To be considered for inclusion in the technical meeting inclusion, abstracts must be submitted by April 19.
Symposium topics include:
- Rubber compounding for performance
- Elastomers in alternate energy and new mobility
- Advances in reinforcements for elastomers
- Elastomer aging, degradation and flammability
- Machine learning for material development
- Progress in elastomer synthesis
- Hydrogel elastomers
- Elastomer foams
- Thermoplastic and specialty elastomers
- Advances in materials and processes car and truck tires
- Rubber testing and characterization
- New commercial developments
Anyone wishing to submit an abstract for the Student Colloquium must do so by April 19. If selected, the final technical papers would be due Sept. 25. Presentations, which include a poster session and oral presentation, will take place on the expo floor during the International Elastomer Conference. Financial prizes will be awarded for the best posters and presentations.
To learn more about the International Elastomer Conference, which includes the expo, 198th Technical Meeting and the Educational Symposium, visit rubberiec.org.