AKRON—The ACS Rubber Division is accepting submissions for participation in the 200th Technical Meeting and Annual Student Colloquium, both scheduled for Oct. 5-7 in Pittsburgh.
Abstracts are due May 3 and can be submitted at rubberiec.org. If accepted, the final technical papers for presentation must be turned in by Sept. 3.
During the event, the 200th Technical Meeting, the Rubber Division will offer a special "Frontiers" symposia that focuses on key areas playing key roles in the past, present and future of rubber science. Topics of interest for this program include:
- Frontiers of Rubber Science: Rubber Synthesis;
- Frontiers of Rubber Science: Reinforcement of Rubber; and
- Frontiers: Additives & Vulcanization.
Topics to be considered for Technical Meeting also involve more traditional focuses on innovative research. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Characterization of elastomers and raw materials;
- Sustainability and renewable materials;
- Non-pneumatic tires;
- Elastomers for health care;
- Advances in materials and processes for tires;
- Modeling and simulation;
- Connectivity, robotics and AI in the rubber industry; and
- New commercial developments.
Undergraduates are invited to participate in the Student Colloquium, a separate event which includes oral presentations and a poster session. Top posters and presentations will be recognized and award a financial prize.
To learn more about the upcoming International Elastomer Conference, visit rubberiec.org.