AKRON—The ACS Rubber Division is looking to expand its training courses and is offering industry experts a forum to teach via classroom or webinar.
In-person courses are offered at the Elastomer Training Center at 306 N. Cleveland Massillon Road in Akron; and online courses are offered at rubber.org/upcoming-training. Only online courses will be offered through May due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Rubber Division said.
According to the group, instructors are paid for their instruction and are reimbursed for travel expenses.
Half-day, ful-day and multiple-day course options are available (and can be combined with company tours). Two-hour webinars also can be scheduled.
Course suggestions include:
- Regulatory and compliance issues;
- Chemical and laboratory safety;
- Standards and quality control;
- Sustainability in the rubber industry;
- Business in rubber: sales and marketing, industry trends, product development, supply chain;
- Innovation in design and product development;
- Elastomers in application;
- Compound design;
- Testing and analysis;
- Durability, aging and degradation;
- Elastomers for extreme environments;
- Interfaces and adhesion;
- Mixing and testing for industry standards;
- Procession compounds into products;
- Rubber reinforcement and systems;
- Thermoplastic and specialty elastomers;
- Silicone rubber technology;
- Mold design and technology; and
- Rubber extrusion technology.
Contact Heather Maimone, Rubber Division membership and outreach director, at [email protected] or call 330-595-5564 for more information.