AKRON—The ACS Rubber Division has extended its deadline to submit abstracts for the 2020 International Elastomer Conference in Knoxville, Tenn., taking place Oct. 20-22.
All abstracts received by May 1 will be considered.
The organization seeks presentation proposals of basic and innovative research on the chemistry and technology of rubber and related materials. Technical paper manuscripts for accepted talks will be due Sept. 25.
Featured topics for the technical meeting include:
- Rubber compounding for performance;
- Elastomers in alternate energy and new mobility;
- Advances in reinforcements for elastomers;
- Elastomer aging, degradation and flammability;
- Machine learning for material development;
- Progress in elastomer synthesis;
- Hydrogel elastomers;
- Elastomer foams;
- Thermoplastic and specialty elastomers;
- Advances in materials and processes for car and truck tires;
- Rubber testing and characterization;
- Sustainability; and
- New commercial developments.
As part of the conference, the 198th Technical Meeting and 17th Student Colloquium will take place, as well, and submissions are being sought for that.
This includes both a poster session and oral presentation. There will be a focus on graduate and undergraduate research and co-op or internship experiences will take place on the expo floor. Financial prizes will be awarded.
For information on the abstracts contact Chuck Brady at 330-595-5543 or [email protected].