AKRON—The ACS Rubber Division's deadline to submit abstracts for the 198th Technical Meeting and Student Colloquium is April 19.
The technical meeting and 17th annual student colloquium will occur Oct. 20-22 in Knoxville, Tenn., in conjunction with the 2020 International Elastomer Conference.
According to the Rubber Division, all abstracts received by April 19 will be considered for the program. Technical manuscripts for talks that are accepted will be due Sept. 25.
"We seek presentation proposals of basic and innovative research on the chemistry and technology of rubber and related materials," the organization said.
Subjects for the 198th Technical Meeting will include:
- Rubber compounding for performance;
- Elastomers in alternate energy and new mobility;
- Advances in reinforcements for elastomers;
- Elastomer aging, degradation and flammability;
- Machine learning for material development;
- Progress in elastomer synthesis;
- Hydrogel elastomers;
- Elastomer foams;
- Thermoplastic and specialty elastomers;
- Advances in materials and processes for car and truck tires;
- Rubber testing and characterization;
- Sustainability; and
- New commercial developments.
Submissions are also being sought for the student colloquium, set to include a poster session and oral presentations at the IEC. As part of this, graduate and undergraduate students can offer their co-op and internship experiences on the expo floor.