The MidAtlantic Rubber and Plastics Group, part of the ACS Rubber Division, is organizing a Nov. 10 virtual symposium from 1 to 3:30 p.m. EST on the testing of elastomers and plastics.
Registration for both members and non-members can be made at marp.org. Cost is free for members and $10 for non-members.
The symposium will be hosted by the Lehigh University Polymer Science and Engineering Program and include:
• "Materials Industrial Liaison Program: Overview of polymer characterization capabilities," Ray Pearson, director, Polymer Science and Engineering Program at Lehigh;
• "Multifunctional Additives for Poly(lactic acid)," Jordan Greenland, graduate student, Lehigh;
• Prerecorded videos on members' contributions to the coronavirus pandemic;
• "Elastomer Molding Simulation Using a CAE Tool: Virtual Assessment of Mold Designs on Part Quality," Joo Han, senior engineer, advanced design and simulation; and Mike Troelsch, senior technician, both of Greene Tweed & Co.; and
• "Primary Package Systems for SARS-CoV-2 Vaccines—Addressing Risks," T. Page McAndrew and Claudia Y. Lee, West Pharmaceutical Services Inc.
The MARPG is asking members to contribute a video on how they have navigated the coronavirus pandemic (two minutes maximum), to be shared during the symposium, organizers said. Members can discuss their company's work on COVID-19 as well as their products and services.
Submissions are due by Nov. 4 at 5 p.m. and can be emailed to [email protected].
Membership benefits in the MARPG include technical meetings, scholarships, sponsorship opportunities and social events, among others.