AKRON—The ACS Rubber Division is accepting abstracts for presentation of basic and innovative research at its 2022 International Elastomer Conference set for Oct. 11-13 in Knoxville, Tenn.
Topics under consideration for the program include, but are not limited to:
- Elastomers for healthcare;
- New commercial developments;
- Elastomers for 3D printing and additive manufacturing;
- Material technologies driving electric vehicles;
- Natural rubber supply chain and domestic alternatives;
- Raw materials sustainability;
- Elastomers in infrastructure;
- Elastomers for energy applications and extreme environments;
- Vibration isolation;
- Wear particles, leachables and toxicity;
- Digitalization and data in the elastomer industry ;
- New techniques measuring rubber processability;
- Characterization of elastomers and raw materials; and
- Aging and degradation of rubber.
Abstracts must be received by May 15 to be considered for presentation. Technical papers are due Sept. 11.
In addition, the Rubber Division also is accepting abstracts for undergraduate and graduate research. They will be presented as part of the Student Symposium, which provides a platform for students in the rubber and polymer chemistry industries to share their research. This separate event will include oral presentations and posters.
Financial prizes will be awarded for the Student Symposium. The deadline to submit abstracts for the Student Symposium is May 15.
To submit an abstract or learn more, visit rubber.org.