AKRON—The ACS Rubber Division will host various courses and webinars in September, including the group's first in-person course since the pandemic began.
Courses and webinars are free for student members and webinars are free for all members. Details and pricing are available at rubber.org/industry-events.
• Sept. 1-2: Rubber Formulating 1.0—This course is the ACS Rubber Division's first in-person program since the pandemic began. Join at ACE Products and Consulting in Ravenna, Ohio, for this interactive session. Develop a simple compound and mix procedure on the first day. ACE will mix and test the formulations developed by the class members on day two to see how close they are to meeting specifications.
• Sept. 8: Hazardous Communication—The absence of a hazardous communication program has been a top OSHA violation for several years. This course will offer an overview of the current HAZCOM global system.
• Sept. 17: Pre-incident Planning—OSHA standards and other pre-incident preparation guidelines will be discussed. There will be tabletop exercises.
• Sept. 21: Join online for a webinar on "The Ins and Outs of Cybersecurity Risk Management."
• Sept. 23: Join online for a webinar on the "Essentials of PPE Selection."
• Sept. 28: Rubber Explained—This is one of the division's most popular courses, catered toward sales and executives in the rubber industry. The course covers the fundamentals of rubber.
• Sept. 28-30: Join for an Endurica L.L.C. workshop on "Rubber Compounding for Durability" with the Findlay, Ohio-based software and simulation fatigue testing company.