AKRON, Ohio—The ACS Rubber Division has added two new courses and four webinars to its continuing education lineup for this year.
The training courses, taught at the Elastomer Training Center, 306 N. Cleveland Massillon Road in Akron, can be taken in person or remotely from a tablet, laptop or computer.
Upcoming courses are:
• Soft Skills for Scientific Success
Set for 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May 6, this course will highlight soft skills that are essential for personal development and success in technical work environments. The course is for scientists and engineers; individuals working in or aspiring to work in R&D, quality control, chemical, pharmaceutical, medical devices, and technology; and those working in multicultural, multigenerational and cross-disciplinary environments. Considerations for FDA-, DEA-, EPA- and ISO-regulated environments will be covered.
• Rubber Explained
This one-day course, set for 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. June 17, is designed for sales and executives working in the rubber industry, and is centered around practical explanations and basic fundamentals.
Click here to register for courses.
Recently scheduled webinars are:
- General Considerations in Failure Analysis of Rubber and Elastomers—June 25 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Social Media Marketing in the Rubber Industry—July 23 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Basics of Polymer Testing & Processing (for non-technical employees)—Aug. 27 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Sales & Marketing 101 in the Rubber Industry—Sept. 24 from 1 to 3 p.m.
Click here to register for webinars.