CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio—Latex innovations, sustainability issues and supply chain disruptions will be among the topics discussed at the 2021 International Latex Conference, which will be held virtually July 20-22.
The event, which is presented by Rubber & Plastics News, will feature nine hour-long presentations:
- "Innovations and Sustainability in Natural Rubber Latex—The New Paradigm" with William Doyle, Product Development Consultant, Vystar Corp.; Joseph John, Director, Polymer Consultancy Services Ltd.; John Heath, Director, Latex, Corrie MacColl Ltd.; and Ranjit Matthan, Director, Vystar Corp., 10 a.m., July 20
- "Considering Bio-Based Natural Rubber Latex Formulations" with Colleen McMahan, Research Chemist, Lead Scientist, Domestic Natural Rubber, USDA Agricultural Research Service, 2 p.m., July 20.
- "Guayule Latex Radiation Attenuation Gloves" with Katrina Cornish, Director, Program of Excellence in Natural Rubber Alternatives, Ohio State University, 3:30 p.m., July 20.
- "Synthetic Rubber: Future Opportunities and Growth Prospects" with Roxanna Bauza-Petrovic, General Director of Programs, International Institute of Synthetic Rubber Producers, 10 a.m., July 21.
- "The Global Supply of Latex: Breaking Down the Bottlenecks" with Whitney Luckett, President, Simko North America, 2 p.m., July 21.
- "Key Material Trends and Innovations" with Fabio Aquino, Technical Manager, ESBR Latex, Arlanxeo; and Boyd Grover, Senior Polymer Chemist, Robinson Brothers Ltd, 3:30 p.m., July 21.
- "Supply Chain Disruption: Ripple ... Tidal Wave ... Tsunami ...?" with Tom Marsh, Managing Director—Global Latex Operations, Pioneer Worldwide, 10 a.m., July 22.
- "New Sustainable Accelerator-Free NBR Latex Technology for Gloves" with Zhenli Wei, Vice President of Innovation, Synthomer P.L.C., 2 p.m., July 22.
- Closing Panel: Opportunities and Challenges for Latex Product Producers" with Jonathan Hostetler, R&D Chemist, Tempur Sealy International; Michael Stecyk, Director, Technical Services, Kent Elastomers; and Dave Schuck, Director of Technologies, Killian Latex Inc., 3:30 p.m., July 22.
Conference attendees will include decision makers and leaders from every aspect of the industry including manufacturers, suppliers, equipment manufacturers, supply chain professionals, engineers, chemists, scientists, R&D, technology and production managers, operations and plant managers, company presidents and CEOs.
Click here to register or to learn more.