FAIRLAWN, Ohio—Latex industry innovations are set to take the spotlight when Rubber & Plastics News and Akron Dispersions present the biannual International Latex Conference Aug. 6-7 at the Akron/Fairlawn Hilton in Fairlawn.
The two-day program, overseen by Conference Chairman Jim Finn, features more than 15 presentations that highlight industry trends and the latest innovations in areas such as feedstock, testing, materials and processing. The agenda includes:
- Teresa Clark, vice president of product development and sustainability for ENSO Plastics, "Demystifying biodegradation and the circular economy of rubber products";
- Anvar Buranov, president and CEO of Nova-BioRubber Green Technologies Inc., "Sustainable production of hypoallergenic latex in North America";
- James Taylor, retired principal scientist for BASF, "A Mechanistic Study of Water Evaporation from Wet-Acrylic Latexes Films";
- Wava Truscott, president of Truscott MedSci Associates L.L.C., "Factors Contributing to the Perfect Storm: What Innovation Needs Does This Present?";
- Darrell Velegol, distinguished professor of chemical engineering at Penn State University, "Manufacturing Smart Ideas: New Ideas on Moving R&D Innovations to Manufacturing Faster and at Higher Value"; and
- Mousumi DeSarkar, technical manager for Denka Corp. USA, "Recent Advances in Chloroprene Rubber Latex for Dipping Applications."
Registered attendees receive access to all technical presentations, complimentary lunch, refreshments during the program and a ticket to Akron Dispersions' Casino Night.
A free networking reception is planned for the first night of the conference, which attendees are invited to join.
After the event, paid attendees receive a one-year subscription to Rubber & Plastics News, as well as access to many of the technical papers presented during the conference.
Companies registering three or more attendees may qualify for a group discount. Additional information about the discount is available by contacting Sarah Arnold, RPN's marketing and events manager, at [email protected].
To register for the event or to get more information about the International Latex Conference, including hotel reservations, visit rubbernews.com/latexEvent.