CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio—Rubber News has identified seven firms that have qualified to be named among the rubber industry Best Places to Work.
RN has completed its third annual program in conjunction with Best Companies Group, which independently determined the rubber-related companies that qualified under its criteria.
The seven firms that have been named as Best Places to Work will be profiled in an issue to be published in January, and the company with the highest overall score will be named the top workplace in the industry.
The 2021 Rubber News Best Places to Work, in alphabetical order, are:
- Amtraco, a holding company based in Franksville, Wis., that operates EPSI, a distribution company servicing the surface finishing industry, and STM, a manufacturer of pressure sensitive adhesives tapes.
- HB Chemical of Twinsburg, Ohio, a North American chemicals distributor for the rubber industry;
- Specification Rubber Products Inc. of Alabaster, Ala., a producer of non-tire rubber products;
- R.D. Abbott Co. Inc. of Cerritos, Calif., a full service distributor of materials, equipment and services to the rubber industry;
- Reed Rubber Products Inc. of St. Louis, a manufacturer of extruded thermoplastic rubber seals and gaskets;
- Zeon Chemicals L.P., Louisville, Ky., which produces synthetic elastomers; and
- Zochem L.L.C. of Dickson, Tenn., a manufacturer of zinc oxide that also has an operation in Canada.
HB Chemical and Reed Rubber are the only two firms to have earned the distinction each of the three years of the program. Specification Rubber and Zochem also were named Best Places to Work in 2020, while R.D. Abbott and Zeon were honored in the 2019 class.