FAIRLAWN—The ACS Rubber Division has extended the deadline to submit abstracts for its 196th Technical Meeting, which runs Oct. 8-10 as part of the International Elastomer Conference in Cleveland.
Abstracts must be received by May 6. Accepted technical papers and written manuscript presentations will be due Sept. 9.
A variety of topics will be considered for presentation, including:
- Advanced materials in health care;
- Advances in materials and processes for car and truck tires;
- Elastomer in electronic applications;
- Mechanics and modeling of rubber;
- New commercial development;
- Recycling, sustainability and retreading;
- Rubber for shock, damping, and noise and vibration applications;
- Silicone materials for rubber;
- Testing and predicting behavior or rubber and tires;
- Tire processing, manufacturing, and testing equipment;
- Thermoplastic elastomers; and
- Winter tire technology.
Additionally, the Rubber Division is encouraging students to prepare posters and oral presentations for this year's Student Colloquium planned for Oct. 9. The spotlight this year will be on graduate and undergraduate research and co-op or internship experiences. The presentations will take place on the expo floor and financial prizes will be awarded to the top poster and oral presentations.
For more information about abstract submission, contact Chuck Brady at 330-595-5543 or email [email protected].
More information about the Rubber Division is available at rubber.org.