LOUISVILLE, Ky.—Michelin North America Inc.'s BFGoodrich brand has added a pair of commercial truck tires, the Highway Control S and T, designed for use in long-haul, tanker, refrigerated and dry-van truckload applications.
The SmartWay-verified BFG Highway Control S (steer/all-position) and T (trailer) replace the BFGoodrich ST 244 and TR 144 in the Goodrich product range, Michelin said. The tires debuted at the 2019 Mid American Trucking Show in Louisville.
The Control S launches in sizes 11R22.5 and 11R24.5 (Load Range G and H), 275/80R22.5 (Load Range G), and 285/80R24.5 (Load Range G), while the Control T is offered in sizes 11R22.5, 275/80R22.5, 11R24.5 and 285/75R24.5 (Load Range G).
The Highway Control line has design features that include:
- New sidewall compounds designed to provide fuel efficiency without sacrificing wear;
- Improved shoulder rib with microsipes to improve resistance to irregular wear;
- Tread design with optimized microsiping to fight the onset of irregular treadwear;
- Serpentine flow-through grooves designed for improved water evacuation and all-weather traction;
- Variable-groove wall to help reduce stone retention and extend the casing life; and
- "Excellent" retreadability.
Michelin is offering a "Work Hard" mileage-satisfaction guarantee for the first year of use on the Highway Control S tire, a two-year, even-wear satisfaction guarantee on the Control T and a five-year, two-retread manufacturer's limited casing guarantee on both tires when retreaded by an authorized Michelin Retread Technologies or Oliver Retread dealer.