SHAUMBURG, Ill.—There are 12 speakers confirmed so far for the inaugural Healthcare Elastomer Conference, to be held May 21-22 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel.
The two-day conference will highlight new technologies, trends and ideas in elastomer design and function within the medical community.
The topics to be covered include new technology, wearables, Food and Drug Administration regulations and 3D manufacturing, among others.
The event is being jointly organized by Rubber & Plastics News, PolyOne Corp. and R.D. Abbott Co. Inc. Bernard Powell of PolyOne and Rick Ziebell of R.D. Abbott are co-chairs for the conference, which also will include tabletop exhibits.
Speakers to date and their topics include:
- Kyle Anderson, associate research scientist, Dow Chemical Co., "Olefin Block Copolymers Elastic Performance in Health and Hygiene,";
- Chris Claussen, marketing manager for health care, Momentive Performance Materials, "The Advantages of Silicone Elastomers in Health Care Device Development and Manufacturing,"
- Bill Inman Jr., technical service & development, silicone elastomers, DowDuPont Specialty Products (DuPont) Division, "An Introduction to Silicones in Healthcare";
- John Scoarste, senior manager, North American application development and technical services, PolyOne, "Thermoplastic Elastomer Healthcare Material Selection: It is More Than Just Materials";
- Carolin Vogel, application development, medical applications, Eastman Chemical Co., "The Benefits of a New TPE Powder for Printing Medical Devices";
- Alexander Haas, manufacturing engineer, PTG Silicones, "LSR Injection Molding Development and Validation Utilizing IQ, OQ, PQ,";
- Ned LeMaster, application development consultant for medical markets, transportation and advanced polymers, and David Spritzer, Americas product consultant, both from DowDuPont Specialty Products, co-presenting on "Hytrel TPC-ET in Healthcare Applications and Silicone Pressure Sensitive Adhesives";
- Amalendu Sarkar, vice president, materials technology, Qure Medical, "Uniqueness of Silicone and Polyisoprene Rubber Properties and their usage in Healthcare Industries";
- Bhavesh Shar, senior application development engineer, ExxonMobil Chemical Co., "High Bonding Santoprene TPV Medical Grade";
- Jack Trautman, CEO Latex Allergen Reduction, "Reducing Latex Type Allergens";
- Long Zhang, senior chemist, Teknor Apex Co., "DIY: Go Vertical with Medalist TPE Pump Tube Resins"; and
- Rick Ziebell, technology fellow, R.D. Abbott, who will discuss antimicrobial in silicones.
Conference registration is open. Those who register by April 19 will receive a $100 discount. More details can be found at rubbernews.com/healthcare.
Sponsorship and exhibitor space also is available. To learn more about either opportunity, contact Lori DiFrancesco at ldifrance[email protected].