HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C.—Registration has opened for the 2019 Clemson University Global Tire Industry Conference, scheduled for April 10-12 in Hilton Head.
Those who register for the conference by Jan. 31 qualify for a $200 discount on the registration fee, according to Clemson University's Center for Corporate Learning, organizer of the annual event.
Each year the Clemson conference offers three days of presentations by experts in various aspects of the tire industry, on topics ranging from government and legal issues, to retailing and marketing, to new advances in tire technology, sustainability and materials.
The tentative agenda for the 2019 conference includes:
- A presentation on communications and media relations during a highway crash investigation, by Peter Knudsen, media relations official at the National Transportation Safety Board;
- "Forensic Tire Examination in the Digital Age," by Matt Bockrath, lead forensic engineer at Cooper Tire and Rubber Co.;
- "Tire Manufacturing—Improving Efficiency of Current Technology," by Patrick Keating, senior manager, technical engineering at Yokohama Tire Corp.;
- A presentation on the outlook for the tire industry by John Baldwin, chief product and technical strategist at Discount Tire;
- "Role of International ASTM Standards in Building the Tire Industry," by Denise Kennedy, president, DK Enterprises;
- "How Technology is Reshaping the Tire Industry," by David Zielasko, publisher, Rubber & Plastics News, Tire Business and European Rubber Journal;
- "Effect of Tire Inflation Pressure on Electric Vehicle Performance," by Chris Napier, global specialty polymer applications engineer, butyl polymers technology, ExxonMobil Chemical Co.;
- "New Compounding Methods Using TKS Rubber," featuring presenters from BKT U.S.A. and Kultevat;
- "Retreading's Role in Environmental Recycling," by Clif Armstrong, vice president of business development, Marangoni Tread N.A. Inc.; and
- A presentation on sustainability by Al Cohn, new market development engineering support, Pressure Systems International.
For information on conference and hotel registration, visit clemsontireconference.com.