AKRON—The ACS Rubber Division is looking for a new sponsor for its Chemistry of the Thermoplastics Elastomers Award.
The TPE award is part of the technical association's Science & Technology Awards, which are presented each year at the spring technical meeting.
The Ralph S. Graff Foundation has sponsored the Chemistry of Thermoplastic Elastomers Award for nearly 10 years, and the sponsorship came open because of Graff's death earlier this year. Cost of the sponsorship is $4,500 annually, which includes a $4,000 award to the winner, and $500 for travel expenses to attend the awards ceremony, according to the Rubber Division.
The award, established in 1991, is to honor significant contributions to the advancement of the chemistry of TPEs. The recipient can be any chemical researcher who has made an outstanding contribution in the field. The division said "particular emphasis is placed on innovations that have yielded significant new commercial or patentable materials."
Innovations in process chemistry for the production of new TPEs also are eligible.
Timothy Long, a professor in the Department of Chemistry and director of the Macromolecules Innovation Institute at Virginia Tech, will receive the award at the upcoming spring meeting, to be held April 30 to May 2 in Independence, Ohio.
The award sponsor receives:
- The opportunity to present the award to the winner at the Science & Technology Awards Banquet during the spring meeting;
- Its logo in the Science & Technology Awards Banquet program and on signage at the spring meeting;
- Its logo in the spring meeting notice direct mail marketing piece;
- Acknowledgment of sponsorship in the show daily article in the Tuesday publication during the fall International Elastomer Conference announcing the award winners, as well as in the press release to all industry media;
- Logo, company description and link to company website on rubber.org in the Science & Technology Award section;
- Promotion of sponsorship in ACS Rubber Division social media channels; and
- Acknowledgment as the sponsor anywhere the award is mentioned;
Contact Gretchen Cermak at [email protected] to receive more information about the sponsorship.