MADRID—Brian Chapman, general manager of the elastomers business unit of Kuraray America Inc., was elected 2018-19 president international of the International Institute of Synthetic Rubber Producers, during the association's 59th annual general meeting May 9.
Chapman, who also will serve as president of IISRP's Americas section, succeeds Enrico Lucchese, who now becomes the Institute's past president international.
According to a June 4 release issued by IISRP, Chapman has extensive experience in the polymer industry, and holds a Ph.D. in chemical engineering from the University of Notre Dame. He joined Kuraray in 2003 with the role of manager of technical service and development in the elastomer business unit of Kuraray America.
Other members elected to 2018-19 executive committee offices are:
- Brad Ioerger, of Goodyear—vice-president, Americas section;
- Larisa Bondar, of Sibur —president EMEA section;
- Abdullah Al-Otaibi, of Sabic —vice president EMEA section;
- Hayato Hirano, of JSR Corp.—president Asia Pacific section
- Jong-Hoon Baek, of Kumho Petrochemical Co.—vice-president Asia Pacific section
- Hendrick Lam, of TSRC—member of the Finance Pension & Audit Committee.
- Ralf Irmert ,of Trinseo—member of the Finance Pension & Audit Committee.
- Juan Ramon Salinas, IISRP managing director—assistant treasurer, and recording secretary.
The IISRP is an international not-for-profit trade association with more than 60 corporate members, representing about 75 percent of the world's supply of synthetic rubber.
Incorporated in 1960 and headquartered in Houston, the institute supports section offices in Milan, Tokyo, and Beijing.