AKRON—The ACS Rubber Division has extended the deadline to April 30 to submit abstracts to be considered for its International Elastomer Conference this fall.
The division is looking for abstracts for presentations for both the technical meeting and student colloquium/poster sessions to be given at the group's 194th Technical Meeting, which will be held Oct. 9-11 at the Kentucky International Convention Center in Louisville. The meeting is in conjunction with the fall Rubber Expo.
Abstracts are being accepting for the following topical sessions:
- Tire processing, manufacturing and testing equipment;
- Heat, fluid and flame-resistant elastomers;
- Thermoplastics and specialty elastomers;
- Advances in material and processes of car and truck tires;
- Aging and stability of rubber—additives and mechanisms;
- Contributed session;
- Plasticizers and processing promoters;
- Bio-based and renewable materials;
- Advances in synthetic elastomers;
- New commercial developments;
- Nano fillers for rubber reinforcement;
- Rubber industry in China;
- Reducing carbon footprint;
- Rubber friction and abrasion—standardization; and
- Student presentations and posters.
If accepted, the written manuscripts must be submitted by Sept. 10, and presentation slides are due by Sept. 24.
Abstracts must be submitted by April 16.