NIAGARA FALLS, Ontario—"Taking Sustainability to the Next Level" is the theme of the 2018 Rubber Recycling Symposium scheduled for the Sheraton on the Falls Hotel in Niagara Falls Nov. 7-8.
The Tire & Rubber Association of Canada is sponsoring the symposium in collaboration with the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association and eTracks Tire Management System, according to a TRAC press release issued April 10.
The biennial TRAC Rubber Recycling Symposiums bring together international experts from tire and rubber manufacturing, rubber recycling, government and academia, the association said.
The Nov. 7 agenda will include:
- A global overview of sustainability initiatives in tire recycling;
- The future of sustainability in tire manufacturing;
- Tire stewardship in Ontario—transition to individual producer responsibility; and
- The search for sustainable markets.
The Nov. 8 agenda will include:
- A tire industry product update;
- Tire stewardship in Ontario—industry response to individual producer responsibility; and
- A panel of industry CEOs offering their insights into the challenges and opportunities presented by individual producer responsibility and the search for sustainable markets.
The registration fee for the symposium is $495 Canadian per person. To register or find additional information visit tracanada.ca.