NASHVILLE, Tenn.—Bridgestone Americas Inc. has introduced PressureStat, a state-of-the-art, easy-to-use tire pressure monitoring system for off-the-road tires in the construction, quarry, underground hard rock and port industries.
PressureStat offers a tremendous value proposition to OTR tire customers in those industries, according to Rob Seibert, director, marketing, commercial off-the-road tires for Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations.
The system provides instant access to important tire pressure and temperature data, allowing customers to manage tire pressure accurately in real time, Seibert said.
"We recognized an opportunity to expand our TPMS offering beyond giant radial tires to empower our OTR customers across our entire portfolio of products," he said. "With the PressureStat system, they not only can improve tire performance, but also increase jobsite safety and reduce unplanned downtime."
According to Bridgestone Americas, the main features of PressureStat are:
- Easy-to-install valve stem sensors;
- Onboard alerts that allow drivers to see potential tire pressure issues before they affect operations;
- Bluetooth connectivity that provides real-time pressure updates to mobile devices;
- Instant inspection reports available on desktop or mobile devices for the entire fleet, using Bridgestone TreadStat tire and management software; and
- Streamlined forecasting and analysis when combined with TreadStat, allowing users to report on the condition of tires and rims from any device anywhere in the world.
With PressureStat, customers can ensure the weight of their vehicles is evenly distributed, preventing uneven tire wear and increasing performance, Bridgestone said. The technology is user-friendly and competitively priced.
PressureStat also supplements the firm's existing Bridgestone Intelligent Tag (B-Tag) technology designed specifically for mining tires.
B-Tag allows real-time monitoring of tire pressure and temperature through the installation of sensors that deliver clear, actionable information on computer tablets and smartphones, it said.
PressureStat is now available for purchase by OTR customers in the U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone said. More information is available at commercial.bridgestone.com.