SANTA ANA, Calif.—Yokohama Tire Corp. has launched a fuel-efficient long-haul drive tire, the TY577 MC², for the U.S. market.
The SmartWay-verified TY577 MC² comes in sizes 295/75R22.5, 11R22.5, 285/75R24.5 and 11R24.5, and also is offered in 16-ply construction.
"The TY577 MC² delivers it all—exceptional traction, long even wear, superior durability, low rolling resistance and incredible fuel efficiency," said Tom Clauer, Yokohama's manager of commercial and OTR product planning. "It's definitely a long-lasting money-saver."
Clauer said the tire combines an ultra-deep tread pattern with Yokohama's MC² technology, which minimizes the effects of heat on the casing and tread, providing extreme low rolling resistance to reduce fleets' cost-per-mile.
The TY577 MC² also features:
- a 30/32nd-inch deep tread groove depth for firm and stable road grip;
- closed-shoulder rib for more rubber-to-road contact for long, even wear;
- stress-wear tread grooves to redistribute more load to the outside rib, reducing the chance of shoulder step-down wear;
- Yokohama's STEM-2 technology, which redirects destructive casing flex; and
- funnel-shaped grooves to reduces stone retention and increase block rigidity for improved traction and wear rate.