AKRON—The Elastomer Training Center will host training opportunities throughout September in Akron, and plans to have an educational symposium during the International Elastomer Conference in Cleveland.
September courses are:
- Sept. 12—Introduction to Compounding and Testing of Elastomers;
- Sept. 13—Internal Mixers and Mixing Parameters;
- Sept. 14—Molding of Rubber;
- Sept. 15—Introduction to Rubber Bonding; and
- Sept. 27-28—Design of Experiments.
Visit www.rubber.org to register.
The Elastomer Training Center also will lead an educational symposium during the International Elastomer Conference, Oct. 10-12, in Cleveland.
Topics to be covered at the symposium include:
- Material considerations for medical devices and pharmaceutical products;
- Essentials of rubber technology;
- Chemistry and technology of polymeric materials used in medical devices;
- Silicone rubber chemistry and technology;
- Chemistry & technology of polyurethane elastomers;
- Compounding mixing and consistency;
- Establishing a rubber molding process;
- Failure analysis of rubber and plastics by physical and chemical analysis; and
- Chemical structures and viscoelasticity of rubber.
Registeration is available online.