AKRON—Charles Herd, director of rubber carbon black technology for Birla Carbon, is one of 19 tire industry experts providing insight at ITEC In Focus: Reinforcements for Tire Performance, Sept. 13-14.
Leaders from international manufacturing, supply and testing firms will discuss innovative processes, materials, testing and analysis. Herd will address low rolling resistance tread compounds.
Other featured speakers are Guy Buytaert, senior research and development project manager for Bekaert; Christine Domer, general manager of Akron Laboratories for Smithers Rapra; and Jens Kiesewetter, head of applied technology, tire and rubber with Evonik Resource Efficiency.
Other presentations include:
- Polyester for Tire Reinforcement: Retention of Properties in Rubber Composite;
- Trends in Textile Usage in Passenger and Light Truck Tires;
- Endless Opportunities with Hybrid Reinforcement Cord Technology;
- Non-Plastic Fiber Cord Reinforcement for Tires;
- Factors Influencing Performance of Short-cut Aramid-fibers Reinforced Elastomers;
- Hydrocarbon Resins and Tire Tread Performance;
- A Review on Steel Cord & Steel Wire—Rubber Adhesion;
- Passenger Car Tire Failure Analysis;
- Modern Dynamic Fatigue Testing Methods & Equipment of Tire Reinforcement Materials;
- Tire Manufacturing Defects: Some Causes and Remedies;
- Why Titanates & Zirconates May be Better Coupling Agents than Silanes for some Nano-Reinforcements;
- Low Rolling Resistance TBR Tread Compounds;
- Improved Low Hysteresis Carbon Blacks for Tire Applications;
- High Performance Elastomer Nanocomposites Aiming at Industrialization and Application;
- Characterization of Summer Tire Tread Compounds;
- Improved Rolling Resistance and Wet Traction Performance using Silane in a Silica Passenger-Tread Tire;
- Investigations into the Optimization of Si 363TM and Si 266 Silane Combinations;
- Quantitative Silica-Filled Tread Dispersion Rating System.
ITEC In Focus is being held Sept. 13-14 at the Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. This is the second time the conference, which concentrates on one aspect of tire manufacturing, has been held.
As with the full three-day ITEC, this conference features experts from around the world presenting innovative work. The full agenda, registration information and additional details about the conference are available online at rubbernews.com/infocus.