BOSTON—Cabot Corp. published its 2016 sustainability report, titled "Making a Difference." The report focuses on the company's sustainability progress throughout the year and highlights plans to address topics identified through a comprehensive assessment.
Accomplishments highlighted in the 2016 report include:
- Innovation collaboration with customers in sustainability driven end-markets
- Reduction of the number of environmental non-conformances by 26 percent
- Decrease in the number of process safety events by 50 percent from 2015, eliminating Tier 1 process safety events
- Realization of about an 18 percent reduction in the number of total recordable incidents and a 10 percent reduction in total recordable injury rate over 2015
- Contribution of more than $1.6 million in charitable donations from the Cabot Corp. Foundation and Cabot's global locations
The 2016 sustainability report was developed in accordance with the new Global Reporting Initiative Reporting Standards: Core Option. Additionally, as a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, the report serves as Cabot's annual Communication on Progress in support of its commitment to the UNGC's Ten Principles.
"Our sustainability program addresses our environmental, social and economic performance and it underpins what is most important to us here at Cabot" Sean Keohane, president and CEO of Cabot, said in a statement.