COLOMBES, France—Bostik S.A., the specialty adhesives business line of Arkema S.A., became an official sponsor for the 2017 Tour de France.
The new sponsorship agreement upgrades the firm's previous participation as an official supplier in 2015 and 2016, and will run for the next two years.
The 2017 event, the 104th time the race has been held, will take place from July 1-23, starting in Duesseldorf, Germany. The 2,200-mile route across 21 stages will also visit Belgium and Luxembourg. The 198 riders from the 22 teams competing will cross the finish line in Paris on July 23.
The race will be broadcast to an estimated audience of 2 billion TV viewers and 10 million to 12 million spectators.
Using a promotional theme of 'The Gecko Sticks Everywhere,' the new partnership will leverage:
- Four new Bostik-branded vehicles in the 'Publicity Caravan' which will precede the peloton on each stage and will distribute over 500,000 gifts and rebate coupons worth a total of $393,000 to spectators
- High brand visibility along the route
- Branded warning signs on each stage to safeguard riders at dangerous turns
- Branded self-adhesive information guides available to all riders for each stage
- Interactive gaming with the first Facebook Messenger Treasure Hunt
- Online presence on letour.com and social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Corporate hospitality opportunities for more than 550 invited guests
In addition to marketing opportunities at the event, the sponsorship will be leveraged internationally through in-store and product promotions during the summer months.