AKRON—Five additional speakers have been added to the 2017 International Latex Conference agenda, bringing the total number of presentations to more than 17.
The conference, organized jointly by Rubber & Plastics News and Akron Dispersions, will be held Aug. 8-9 at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn. Jim Finn, president of Akron Dispersions, is serving as the conference chairman, helping to bring together a program that will explore innovations in materials, processes and technology relating to both natural and synthetic latex.
Among those speakers most recently added to the conference agenda are:
- Mousumi DeSarkar, technical manager for Denka, will present "General Introduction and Recent Advances on Denka Neoprene Liquid Dispersion for Adhesive Application;"
- Zhenyu Li, a research scientist with EnergyEne will present "A Natural Latex Medical Radiation Attenuation Glove;"
- Steve Graef, a sports psychologist with OSU Sports Medicine at Wexner Medical Center, will present "More than Rubber—The Superhero Powers of L.A.T.E.X.;
- Darrell Velegol, a distinguished professor of chemical engineering at Pennsylvania State University will give his presentation on "Chemically-driven Transport—a Pervasive Mechanism that is Seldom Recognized;"
- Joseph Moran, HB Chemical's vice president of marketing and business development, will explore the state of the rubber chemical market in China through his presentation "China Rubber Chemical Market—The Changing Landscape."
A complete conference agenda is available here.
Early bird registration, which includes a $100 discount on the conference registration fees, ends July 10. After the July 10 deadline, registration fees are $550 per attendee. Registration costs include admittance to all paper presentations, complimentary lunch and refreshments, access to all available technical papers presented at the conference and a 1-year subscription to Rubber & Plastics News.
For additional information or to register for the conference, visit the conference website. Letters of invitation are available by request.
Some conference sponsorship opportunities are available. For additional information click here. Sponsorship information also is available by contacting Brent Weaver at [email protected] or 330-865-6119, or Pete McNeil at [email protected] or 330-865-6109.