LOUISVILLE, Ky.—The Bourbon Trail Elastomers Group, a rubber group serving six states within the Ohio Valley Region, has launched its membership drive. Individual memberships cost $15 while corporate memberships, which include up to 15 registrants, are $165.
Any professional working within the rubber industry is invited to be part of the newly established organization.
Throughout the year, the Bourbon Trail Elastomers Group will host several events in the Louisville, Ky. area. A Welcome Reception and Networking Social is planned for July 13, a golf outing is scheduled for Sept. 13 and a technical meeting will be held Nov. 9.
This year's officers are:
- Chair—Joel Trandell, Bluegrass Roller Service;
- Vice chair—Charles Lenk, Laur Silicone, Inc.;
- Secretary—Sandi Swindler, Bluegrass Roller Service;
- Treasurer—Jason Huff, ChemRep, Inc.; and
- Liaison to the steering committee of the Rubber Division, ACS—Jim Eddy, of Zeon Chemicals,
This year's directors are:
- Education—Jacob Adelowo, Boge Rubber & Plastics USA, L.L.C.;
- Golf—Scott Legleu, R.D. Abbott Co. Inc.;
- Events—Scott Lytle, ITW Fluids;
- Publicity—Jessica Petras, ChemRep Inc.; and
- Membership—Krista Toutant, R.D. Abbott.
"The addition of this rubber group in the Ohio Valley region is a great indication of the passion that still exists in our industry for education and camaraderie amongst our professionals," Toutant wrote in an email. "Our new group will serve as an information network that will be fully equipped to educate our members about the economic, technological and environmental benefits associated with the production and use of rubber elastomers."
For additional information about the group or to sign up for membership contact Krista Toutant at [email protected].