TAIPEI, Taiwan—The International Institute of Synthetic Rubber Producers named Enrico Lucchese as president international for 2017-18 at the association's 58th annual meeting in April.
Lucchese, marketing manager for tire, styrenics modification and latex within the elastomers business unit at Versalis S.p.A. (Eni S.p.A.), succeeds Hendrick Lam, who now becomes the Institute's past president international.
Luccehese played a strategic role in Versalis' internationalization process, both in the licensing field of proprietary technologies and the setup of new joint venture initiatives, and commercial collaborations, according to the IISRP statement.
Lucchese also is the vice chairman of the board of directors of the European, Middle East & Africa section of the IISRP, the vice chairman of the EMEA Statistical Committee of the IISRP and a member of the Industrial Panel of Associates of the International Rubber Study Group.
In addition to Lam and Lucchese, other members elected to the Institute Executive Committee for 2017-18 include:
- Larisa Bondar of Sibur, vice president of the EMEA section;
- Takayuki Nomoto of Asahi Kasei Chemicals, president of the Asia-Pacific Section (APS);
- Hirano Hayato of JSR Corp., vice president of the APS;
- Bart Bowser of Dow Chemical, president of the Americas section;
- Brian Chapman of Kuraray America, vice president of the Americas section; and
- Ralf Irmert, of Trinseo, member of the Finance Pension & Audit Committee.
Continuing to serve on the executive committee are Ken Hertl, treasurer of Goodyear Chemical and FPAC member; and Juan Ramos Salinas, IISRP's managing director and CEO, assistant treasurer and recording secretary.