ORLANDO, Fla.—Goodyear launched its Endurance WHA and matching retread during the 2017 Goodyear Customer Conference in Orlando Jan. 30-Feb. 1.
The tire, Goodyear said, is part of its Total Solution and designed to be the "go-to" tire for waste haul fleets that want a longer lasting, more durable tire.
"It will offer more miles to removal than any previous Goodyear waste haul tire, plus other cost-reducing benefits that waste haul fleets have come to expect from Goodyear," said Brian Buckham, Goodyear general manager, product marketing.
The Endurance WHA offers more miles to waste haul fleets through a combination of a new, scrub-resistant compound and a 24/32-inch tread depth, according to the company.
Goodyear's DuraSeal Technology, which is built into the tire and instantly seals nail-hole punctures of up to 1/4 inch in the repairable area of a truck tire's tread, is an option on the Endurance WHA.
"Goodyear is the only company that offers a built-in sealant, which we believe is of considerable benefit to waste haul trucks that roll across debris-strewn surfaces," Buckham said.
Available in size 315/80R22.5, Load Range L, the Endurance WHA also features:
- Sidewall protector shingles to help resist sidewall scuffing;
- A steel belt and casing package for enhanced endurance and retreadability;
- An optimized shoulder design to direct pressure away from the tire's outer tread, which helps promote uniform treadwear;
- Four wide circumferential grooves for all-season traction in stop/start conditions; and
- A wide footprint to enhance cornering and handling on local streets.
Because waste haul fleets are heavy users of retreads, Goodyear made the matching Endurance WHA retread a part of the package, according to Buckham.
"Our authorized retreaders have the experience and expertise to help waste haul fleets get the most out of their casings," he said. "Whether as a new tire or a retread, we truly believe that the Endurance WHA and its matching retread are another important component of the Goodyear Total Solution."