ORLANDO, Fla.—Goodyear expanded its Kelly Armorsteel long-haul truck tire line with the addition of three new tires at the 2017 Goodyear Customer Conference in Orlando.
The three SmartWay-verified tires—the Kelly Armorsteel LHS, LHT and LHD—offer fleet owners long life, excellent traction and a number of other benefits that will help them lower their operating costs, Goodyear said.
The Kelly Armorsteel LHS, a steer axle tire, offers:
- A uniquely shaped pressure distribution groove to help minimize shoulder wear;
- A barrel-shaped footprint, edge blades and a five-rib design to offer long miles to removal and low cost per mile; and
- Exposed single grooves as the tire wears to help enhance traction.
The Armorsteel LHT, a trailer tire, offers:
- A unique center groove design to help resist stone drilling and evacuate water from the tread for enhanced wet traction;
- Low tread void for long mileage; and
- A decoupling groove to help minimize shoulder wear.
The Armorsteel LHD drive tire will be introduced after the LHS and LHT, Goodyear said.