DUESSELDORF, Germany—The K fair, traditionally the world's largest plastics trade show, is held every three years in Duesseldorf, Germany. K 2016 will take place from Oct. 19-26. Here are some facts at a glance about the 2016 show.
OPENING HOURS: 10 a.m.–6:30 p.m. daily
ENTRANCE PASSES: Available online at www.k-online.com in advance of the show at reduced rates or on show site at regular rates. Tickets again include free use of all public transportation within the Rhine-Ruhr regional network (VRR) of Duesseldorf and the Rhine-Sieg (VRS) transportation network, which includes the neighboring cities of Bonn, Cologne, Dortmund, Krefeld and Wuppertal.
The online price for a 1-day ticket is 49 euros instead of 65 euros on show site and a 3-day ticket is available online for 108 euros instead of 135 euros purchased at the show.
SCOPE: 3,220 exhibitors from 59 countries and 218,000 visitors from around the world took part in K 2013.
TRADE FAIR ORGANIZER: Messe Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf, Germany
• Raw materials and auxiliaries;
• Plastics products and processing;
• Machinery and equipment for the plastics and rubber industries;
• Services for the plastics and rubber industries.
• “Plastics shape the future" in Hall 6 (multimedia presentations and innovative stand design with information and entertainment components,activities, keynote talks and discussion sessions);
• “Science Campus” in Hall 7.0 (special forum with scientific organizations providing an overview of activities and results with the objective to further intensify the dialogue between research and industry focusing on four key themes: Plastics Industry 4.0, new materials, lightweight engineering, innovation drivers for resource efficiency.)
U.S. PAVILIONS: Organized by Messe Duesseldorf North America and co-sponsored by the Society of the Plastics Industry Inc.
• 19 modern, temperature controlled exhibit halls;
• Ample parking; convenient public transportation to the fairgrounds;
• All necessary support systems: restaurants in every hall, protected walkways between halls, food store, hardware store, bank, telecommunication store, post office, travel agency, public telephones, business service center, electronic visitor guidance and information system (KATI).
This article was contributed by Messe Duesseldorf, the organizer of the K fair, traditionally the world's largest plastics trade show. The K fair is held every three years in Düsseldorf, Germany. K 2016 will take place from Oct. 19-26. For information, see www.k-online.com.