MILAN—Pirelli & C. S.p.A. has honored nine suppliers, including three from the U.S., with Supplier Awards for 2016, recognizing their quality, innovation and sustainability.
Pirelli said the nine being recognized were selected from among more than 9,500 companies that supply it with goods and services. This is the fifth year Pirelli has presented supplier awards.
“The Pirelli focus is increasingly on the premium segment,” Pierluigi de Cancellis, director of the Procurement Department, said, “sharing with its suppliers a business approach in which flexibility, speed, transparency and commitment to ongoing and sustainable innovation form the bases of the supply relationship. This is why the relationship can be described as a true partnership, centered on shared growth and looking to the future.”
Pirelli said it spent $4.2 billion on goods and services in 2015.
Mr. de Cancellis and Pirelli CEO and Executive Vice Chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera presented the awards at a recent gathering in Milan.
The nine winners are:
- Alpha Technologies Services L.L.C., a U.S. company producing laboratory instruments for R&D;
- Birla Carbon Co., an Indian supplier of carbon black;
- DHL Express, a German logistics group;
- Fandango S.r.l., an Italian event organizer;
- Glanzstoff Industries/Sicrem, an Italian manufacturer of textile reinforcement materials;
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise, a leading US IT company;
- Trinseo L.L.C., a U.S. group specialized in synthetic rubber;
- Prashida Aneka Niaga Tbk., an Indonesian supplier of natural rubber; and
- Wuxi Quechen Silicon Chemical Co. Ltd., a Chinese supplier of silicon.
Pirelli said it focuses strongly on its collaboration with suppliers, which it considers “key business partners for the success of its corporate strategy.”