AKRON—The International Tire Exhibition & Conference will open on Tuesday, Sept. 13.
The three-day event concludes on Sept. 15. Highlights of the event include:
- 70 conference programs from international industry experts, plus panels on consumer tire information and the future of tire testing;
- 99 exhibitors in the Expo hall, two dozen of which are new to the event;
- A keynote presentation by Dave Stafford, executive vice president, Michelin, formerly chief operations officer of Michelin Americas Research Co., now personnel and chief human resource officer. Stafford will speak on technology, innovation, advanced manufacturing and how Michelin is engaging a changing workforce.
- Presentation of the Harold Herzlich Distinguished Technology Achievement Award to Andreas Limper, managing director, Freudenberg Plant, HF Group, in recognition of his industry-wide contributions to tire and rubber manufacturing machinery innovation; and
- Networking opportunities for attendees to discuss topics of interest with international industry leaders.
On-site registration opens Monday, but attendees can avoid the lines by registering online.